Wednesday 10 October 2012

ay up


All sorts of things going on at the moment. Just finished building a music studio which has taken most of my time up, getting back up to scratch is going to take a while but the new logic is looking very slick and exciting. Plans for music include solo work along with producing tracks, film music and sound art. This is going to evolve over the next few years and I am looking forward to seeing where it takes me.
As I have not posted in a while ill put up a few images and videos of what I have been up to.
Art-
Murals, designs, study and gathering inspiration.
I am looking forward to my holiday in Devon next week, which I hope to bring back with me some photography. The mural was done for this years Bokfest which was great to be part of again, great place to meet some amazingly talented people.
 
Gathering inspiration. What does this mean? I love being spontaneously inspired. Who doesn’t? That random moment when something happens that connects with you and gives you motivation and adds fuel to your creativity in various ways. We all respond to things in different ways, which is why I find the concepts of gathering inspiration interesting. What inspires my work are locations and how objects relate to each other in that space. This often requires me being in that location in person, which gives the first person source of experience. I often use photography, which is contradictory to experience but allows reflection and the forgotten to influence the present again.
I have recently returned to the skies, as dramatic as that sounds it is just me being overwhelmed by the ever changing source of colours, shapes, weathers and effects it has on object or art. Like music to image it can change, influence, add, manipulate and enhance our perceptions, choices, and lives, even our behavior.
Anyway, lets see what happens in Devon next week as I take my camera for a wonder.

 
Last week I was lucky enough to see my favorite artist in the world, Mr Omar Rodriguez Lopez in his new group Bosnian Rainbows. Granted, not the best name for a band but what a band. Really looking forward to their album next year. Also, great to see them somewhere so small and intimate. Great gig and great sound.
Omars music is free to listen to on his website and boasts and incredible 29 solo albums and counting.


www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMwDpjPiyGo

No comments:

Post a Comment